Wednesday, June 4, 2008

no food, no luggage... no problem...

ok. so today has been perhaps one of the worst travel days ever created... i flew into washington dc today and i am leaving for quito tomorrow (all of these extravagant plans were due to the fact it was about $300 cheaper...). anyways. here's the basics:

1. i had to pay $25 extra for my SECOND bag. (fine. 9 weeks. i need two bags.)
2. the plane out of indianapolis was delayed. (ok great, i can do delays. no problem.)
3. waited for my baggage at dulles for over an hour... finally sucked it up and went to customer service to find that they didn't have my bags. (they decided to RE-FREAKING-ROUTE them to chicago and just happened to forget to mention this to me.)
4. my bags won't be in DC until 9 pm... i have to pick them up at 4:30 tomorrow morning before my flight to ecuador. awe.some.
5. figured out ground transportation to bethesda (where i'm staying with mel)... and got caught in massive traffic and a tornado warning.
6. currently waiting my dinner to be delivered. (i ordered it about an hour ago...)

but.

i made it to dc. my bags are (fingers crossed) going to make it before i leave tomorrow morning. i have a place to sleep. and (hopefully) i will have some food to eat. so i guess it could be worse. i'm going to take what i can get at this point.

all that is left on the list is to make it through my layover in panama alive to get on the plane to quito. (remember... no spanish... it could be interesting.)

later dudes.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

thawah,
i forgot to mention that ibarra is a nudist colony. so your belongings are unnecessary.
bwunths