Thursday, June 5, 2008

chilling in central america...

made it to panama. one more flight to go.
everyone speaks spanish about 15 bajillion times too fast for me to even separate a single word...
it is spanish spanish spanish all around me and it's a little overwhelming... not that i wasn't expecting this, but you can only do so much preparation.

i stick out like a poorly dressed thumb. latin american women are content to dress up like models when they travel. i clearly missed the memo on this. obviously short dressed and enormous chunk heels is the standard for comfort in small crammed super-personal airplane travel. i don't know why everyone failed to let me in on this important tip. so much for blending in. (as if my "KEETO" pronunciation didn't tip them off immediately... the guy at the check-in in DC corrected my pronunciation. off to a good start. crap, i can't even say "hola" with a well-imitated accent. i am so screwed.)

ok. almost there.

No comments: